Wednesday, June 06, 2007

SoHo

Firstly, I must apologise to all of you for not blogging about my trip to Vietnam and Spore YET - I am waiting to receive more pictures from my travel mates, sort and compile them before I load them all up to gag you guys with them! * :P *

Did anyone miss my long absence anot? Or arent you glad I am not around to bug you all? * heehee *

To ease the longing of some of you who dearly missed me * blush *, I will post an entry about this makan place I went right before my vacation. Went to have brunch at SoHo in OneU - a kind of posh style of Chinese dining place.

Ambience is, well, very posh, with the dominating color of white. Of course, price-wise, you all can guess by now. However, I feel that with that kind of price to pay, at least here they live up to the service that at least, satiates the ringgit going out. With cute and contemporary designated cutlery, impression was already worthwhile.

We mainly ate dimsum there. They have some rather unique dishes to offer as well as many Shanghai-nese style of culinary. As they have a bilingual menu, with the amateur me at reading Chinese words, I somehow find the Chinese names for some of the dishes different a lot from the English version! Amusing!


The glistening paus - named in Chinese as " tiin har taai yat pau " tipu-ed me into ordering when it in actual, suspiciously similar to the ordinary " chaarn pau " available in most dimsum restaurants. * :/ * And in the back, the egg white eggtart. Nothing impressieve about it other than the name.

The "har kaaw" and dumplings made from sticky rice. I liked the Har Kaaw! The dumpling was so-so aje... But I really like the presentation of all their dimsums! Very nicely made and served!


The Siew-Loong Paus! Yummy!!! But were a lil disappointed that some of them were "bocor" upon arrival and leaked some of the juicy sauces out... But I still think they are pretty good!

A kind of steamed glutionous sweet cake with mung bean paste in it. Aptly names "qing wa wong ji" (Frog Prince) in Chinese, was very cutely and detailedly made. Tasted a lot like "ang ku kueh" but these cost a hell lot more! * :P *

Overall, the food here is rather good. Despite the high price, it deserves a return patronage by me as I like their preentation and food * wink * No frequent visits though! * :) * Am rather broke after my long vacation * hehehe *

Rate : Food 7 /10, Ambience 7 /10, Service 6 /10, Price 4.5 /10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the 'putera katak' looks delicious.. yum yum~