Saturday, February 23, 2008

CNY Taboo

Haloo! I'm back to blog-sphere... * heehee * Hope my loyal friends still supports my site! * LOL *

Alrite - I gonna have plenty of back-dated entries - so bear with me. CNY just left, fast how time flies. This year, I broke one of CNY's taboo * LOL *

I am not sure if most or any of you are aware of this tradition / pantang-larang / myth, but having a traditional MUM entitles me to "abide" some of these "laws" regardless I like it or not as long as she is alive or I am living under her roof * :P *

I will not bore you with all of it, just the one I broke * :P * According to my Mum, its a taboo to buy any type of shoes during the month of CNY - yup, even after the 15 days of CNY. As the word shoes is pronounced as " haai" in Cantonese, they pantang-la wanna buy shoes in the 1st month of CNY as it sort of signifies that the whole year will bring bad luck that will induce you to sigh all year round - which is not something good.

BUT - I went straight ahead and bought a pair of heels on the FOURTH day of CNY - double bad luck! With the number FOUR some more! * LOL * I am in desperate need for shoes for work and they are having sale.... * :P * Can't blame me for not resisiting, right? * LOL *



This is it - and yes, my MUm dunno yet - LOL cos she wasnt home when I came back from the mall * muahahahaaha * Or else... So I am crossing my fingers and toes that the taboo wont come true * :P *


Just a random picture - a flower arrangement I made for the 1st day of CNY - my 1st sis chipped in as she - as usual - the bossy one with many instructions - ended up I let her finish it * heehee *


No comments: