Sunday, July 20, 2008

Miri - Luak Esplanade

Ookies - last entry on my Miri Trip * Finally! *I have uploaded more pictures taken but I am either too lazy to blog or thinks that it will only clog up your reading * =) *

I did manage to find my way to the beach. As Miri is located on the coastline, what would make the trip complete if not a trip to the beach, rite? This particular stretch of beach I went is called Luak Esplanade, recommended by a local collegue. Well, a god recommendation that was!

As I was there on a Saturday, surprisingly it was rather deserted. Could be due to the reason that I was there late in the evening - wanted to catch the sunset as well as the reason that I will be meeting colleagues for dinner right after that nearby.

This is my 1st experience of South China Sea, and though this is not those beautiful East Coast islands/beaches, its pretty much impressive in its kind. With the white, extremely fine sands, noticed that the waves seemed "fiercer" * heehee *


Quiet... Almost like a private beach.


They have peddlers selling rilled chicken wing and some snacks.


Fine, smooth, white sand.


Found this nice, almost perfect shaped shell. Reminds me of my employer * heehee *


What amazes me is the mass amount of live mini-mini cockles there. As you walked on the beach, you can actually feel the swarming cockles there, basically walking on life beneath you. Impressive.


Sunset...



Yup, I was there till dark * heehee * Alone some more * =P *

My colleagues picked me up then, and we went to a seafood restaurant nearby, halal punya. Food was very good, did not had fish though as apparently, fish dishes there are very expensive.


The restaurant is those Halal-but-Chinese-Style kind. As you walk in, you will breeze past the arrays of fresh seafood available. I caught hold of this big-ass cockles/la-la which I feel shall do well to end this entry with...


BIG.

Am very happy that I am blessed with this opportunity to experience Miri, met with many interesting people and bestowed with much new experiences. Appreciate it a lot, and must thank my Boss my allowing this invaluable experience for me. Thanks, Boss!

No comments: