Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Food with Love

** Super delayed entry **

I miss my colleague Jas & Jo's food of love...

Most mornings, grumpy no-early meow strolls into the office, dumping the contents of my bag onto my desk and shortly after, being greeted with a big smile and - home made breakfast / lunch! * swoon *

I have never been those kids where their mum/dad/maid packs her recess/lunch food for school - or whatever event since young. Hence, I am always on the verge of tears * ok, maybe not teary * when someone surprised me with a home made packed lunch/food - every single time. Oh well, not that I get it much... Oh, I miss those days when both Aunty at the clinic did that to me too...


It is not the food but the effort and thought which touched me dearly... I mean, they can just pack or eat themselves but they actually are inclusive of you too... Didn't come across my mind to take pics of them until the last month I am there in HRV * sad * but the love I felt is everlasting...


I even am given a set of cutleries to be used for our "picnic" sessions!

Some of the love I received...

Jo's yummy fried meehoon

Jas' yummy potato pasta salad

Jas' fried corn beef rice

And my attempt to supply lunch one day - am not so much of a good cook compared to Jo and Jas, and also, lazy meow... * hehehe * So I made a yummy, overloaded Spicy Tuna with Pineapple Mega sandwich. It was a pity I forgot to bring the cheese... * damn!!! *

And yes, WL can't complaint that Mum don't cook for her as she got a big chunk of this sandwiches!!! * =P *

The ingredients - we tried to be healthy so I used wholemeal brad and throw in more onions and tomatoes. Used tuna in water instead of those pre-mixed ones. I even rinsed the pineapples to rid off some of the sugary syrup! * =P *


First layer - arrange slices of pineapples on buttered bread


Next layer - tomatoes and spicy tuna.

Ta daa! The mega sandwich for lunch each of us had!


I baked Choc Chip Cookies for tea...


And Jell-O with fruit cocktail for dessert...


Yes, this fat meow can actually cook - not just at making sandwiches ok! Any man wanna take me in? * wink wink *

I will FEED them WELL... * muahahahaha *



1 comment:

WL said...

OMG.. this was ages ago!!!!!! Hehe.. miss it miss it!