Thursday, December 03, 2009

Big Bad Book Sale

My 1st time going to the Big Bad Book Sale over the long weekend.

And I have to queue 35 mins just to get into the hall. Yup, a full 35 minutes in line. Ironically, there was no more line the time I leave one hour 30 mins later...

With the advert shouting a big ass 80% off from retail prices, how can most mortals resist?

I do admit that the management of the sale was good. They have paper boxes for customers to use as shopping baskets, all scattered at the entrance for you to take - from small boxes to huge ones. In which that will serve as your "bag" to take home your big purchase. I even saw people coming out with BOXES where the staff there push out for them using a TROLLEY.

Very very crowded, with books scattered on the makeshift tables, prices starts at rm8. However, for that one hour and 30 minutes I am there, didnt see anyone restock the books - so I guess we will have to be kiasu the next time and come early in the morning to get the titles I want. And true to the reviews, they do carry quite some new titles.


This is my stack - and they cost me only rm88! * hehehe * and yes, I will be kiasu and go real early for the next round! * wink wink *

1 comment:

andrewkin said...

ah! the next time you must call me to tag and follow along ya! sigh, too bad i am in PH now