Friday, May 18, 2007

Bali-Bali

On a lazy afternoon after returning from Uni, stopped by at Carrefour for a late lunch. I wanted to try this Bali-Bali cafe there and was surprised that the decor incline towards chinese kopitiam instead of the beautiful, exotic Bali Island... wonder why...

I totally dig their iced chocolate drink! It is rather cheap compared as chocolate drinks ( not Milo, please!) usually are priced rather high. This choc drink was not overly sweet and are rich in texture. Yum-yum! And dunno why la, they gave me a complimentary free set of toasts...

My favorite iced choc drink! * hehehe * Their toast were suspiciously similar to OldTownKopitiam's...

I tried their Bali-Bali Nasi Lemak. At a hefty rm8 ( or was it rm8.90? sowwee, forgot liao * :P *) per plate, its a lil mahal la, though it was very well presented. They offer a rather limited menu with little choice of main courses, but as expected, instead of Bali food, they offer more of Malaysian food.

I deliberately took this side view of the platter to let you guys see how they presented the rice to me. Cool hor, in one tall, silinder shape! I must say that this plate of rice was very well presented * hehehe * Though the sambal was so-so. The peanut crackers on the side was crunchy and nice and I like their fried chicken - very crispy on the outside and tender inside.


Not too bad a place to spend a lazy late afternoon with their quiet ambience and clean environment. Got wifi too, so you can cruise the web while sipping a glass of iced choc and pretend that you are in Bali... * :P *

Rate : Food 5.5/10, Price 5/10


No comments: