Friday, May 18, 2007

ChatterKotak & Langit Cafe

I know that I have not been posting entries here for the past month. Well, busy with preparation for exams and stuff. Now, I am over with the exam hocus-pocus and can now update my dusty blog * heehee * Hope you guys forgive my absence and continue to read my silly, aimless, emotional rants * howling * wink *

Have a few posts about food in the back log and shall update them asap... * hehehe * Ah... the wonders of food... Thats what this panda clan enjoys to do and does each time we congregate! * muahahaha! *

Went to try out the infamous ChatterKotak. Many gave good comments of this place and of course, mana boleh tak try after hearing all that.

The place was rather crowded, prolly due to the dinner time peak. Waiters were quick to serve. I must say that their prices are quoted a lil higher than competitors of the same concept of restaurants. Their food did not impress me, prolly due to the reason that I went in with expectations and I did not order their specialty dishes kua.


The cheese baked rice with pork chop. I like to eat cheese baked rice and I must say that this one is not to my likings. Yes, they gave ample cheese, but i totally dislike the thick GOOEY tomato sauce poured on top of the rice! * eeeww! * Furthermore, the rice was a lil too "wet" and not very well flavored... A rather small bowl of rice too, if compared to competitors.

However, I do like their milk tea, very well balanced mixture. Not too "kau" like most HK milk tea nor too "milky". Ya-lar, I know I am very cerewet la... * :P * And there are other dishes from across the table which smelled heavenly, maybe should try that next time, but definitely no more cheese baked rice for me there! * :P *


Rate : Food 6/ 10, Price 4.5/ 10 , Service 6/ 10, Ambience 5/ 10


The next place I wanna mention in my blog is this Langit Cafe in ss2. I can say that this place is a rather good hang out place with not so much of a big crowd with comfy seatings, and offers boardgames for customers to lull their time lepak-ing there. Another of those multi-cultural food concept, where they offer HK, Jap, Korean and Local cuisines. Price is alrite. While you are there, it is definitely worth a vicit to their This place is a place for hang out as they offer a huge selection of drinks and snacks, the place to munch, drink and be merry * wink *


The deep fried tofu which i disliked. It tasted totally bland! With no flavorings or whatsoever! neither was it salty nor sweet nor hot - just crunchy.... Please try not to order this when you are there...

My pork rib in special sauce rice. The ribs was well fried, but i do not like the sauce - too "special" to my likings...

Other food and drinks my fellow panda clan had was alrite though C didnt like her drink. SP's Baked Macaroni and cheese was quite nice though... We used her mac and cheese to spread on top of the very bland crispy tofu to make it more edible * heehee * And it really made it tasted better leh... * :P *

Rate : Food 5/ 10, Price 5.5/ 10, Service 6/10, Ambience 6.5/10

No comments: