Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CNY 2009

* Delayed Entry *

A quick note on my CNY this year

The only CNY cookies I made this year, with Pammie actually. Yeah, the classic excuse - too caught up with work and too lazy when finally get some time time off * =P *

The annual very-very-very delicious pineapple tarts home made by my neighbour - lurve it!

A very sedap "dragon cookies" - ate this at my Aunt 3's home (maternal side) and the taste triggered a nolstalgic pang to my tongue. Found out that its actually from the famous cookie seller who used to reside at my "kampung" - apparently my Aunt 3 still got keep in contact with them - this is by far the best "dragon cookies" I had...

CNY will not be complete (to me lar...) without Pussy Willows. My mum nearly dont wanna buy them this year! I protested aggressively and she ended up buying * wink * wink *


This year, I got to go to Thean Hou temple (the one near Midvalley, KL) during CNY period. No need to mention the people mountain people sea - but yes, the trip do inflict CNY mood to one

And at one of the family gatherings (maternal side), I tried my hands, attempting to learn how to play mahjong from my aunts and uncles. Well, since birth, I grew up with the sound of mahjong tiles clashing whenever I am at their gatherings - never once they dont bring out the tiles - and one of my aunt taught me along with my mum.

Not much of a success as I end up dont remember a single thing and STILL dont know how to play - hey, it was only a 10 minute tutorial and yes, I am slow learner k!!! Even my 10 year old cousin bro knows how to play.... * sigh... *

Anyway, like people always say - beginner's luck - and apparently it is deemed true. I won at the FIRST game I play! * LOL *

Woohoo!

And also the 2nd game! * muahahaha *

No, SP, I am no addict - dont even know how to play till now. And the funny thing is, I asked my aunt what is the objective of the game and if there is anything I need to kill or conquer - they all laughed endlessly especially my cousin bro as they said " this is no computer game - you just collect and strategise to collect the combination to win"

* LOL *

1 comment:

Enna Ua said...

LOL!! anything abt gamble, my name sure masuk :p

anyways i m not good in mj oso..oni noe the simplest way to way aje...

lend u computer mahjong game....hehe