Saturday, March 07, 2009

Batu Caves - I Did It!

I think I have not blogged this, pardon me if I had.


Sometime mid last year (yes, it was that belated * =P *), a colleague from Netherlands came to KL, and over the weekend, we showed her around KL, one of the places we went was Batu Caves.

It was the 2nd time I been there, the 1st was back years ago when I volunteered to be on duty as a First Aider during Thaipusam. That visit did not allow me to explore the place, this time, well, I go as a local tourist * =P *



The majestic Batu Caves. Before the trip, was asking one of my colleague, who lives near there on the directions. He insisted that I must CLIMB up to the cave - or else it defeat the purpose of the visit. OMG - me? those hundresd of steps? no no no! no thanks!


But then again, once there, I cant be a spoil sport and allow my far-travelled colleague to climb up all by herself. I gritted my teeth and thought - what the hell, lets live and seen it than never, hence the huffing and puffing journey up.

Along the way, you can see plenty of monkeys around - a bit too close for comfort in my view.

And Yup, I made it! * woohoo * and as we were congratulating ourselves, we realised that we just only reached the ENTRANCE of the temple, there are more steps to go INSIDE! * LOL *

Anyway, we managed to drag our feets and look around, truly amazing...


Went to KLCC with her too, and it was actually my 1st time actually strolled in the park. Usually was just a short walk to the convention centre or just pass by the exit to the park * =P *

And she ws laughing away, commented that I was more excited at taking pics than she who was the REAL TOURIST * hahaha *

We also had a fine dinner with her, colleagues and Boss at the Petronas Club. My first time looking at the skybridge near, but no entry at this time of course.


Yeah, it is indeed impressive building, more so enhanced by the night lights.

No comments: