Saturday, March 07, 2009

Beijing - Forbidden City

OKies Folks - my final entry on my Beijing trip. Yay! * hahaha * Quick one to summarize the trip, as I think everyone is getting tired of it already * =P * More pics from my multiply which capture more details of my trip - kindly be my multiply contacts to view them. Thanks!

Yeah, I know I am guilty - with Krabi trip not updated and many more... * LOL * SP, I promise I will up the efforts * LOL * Hey, it doesnt help when my Internet was down, now that it is up, it keeps having thunderstorms when I am home... SP - keluarkan your alat sembahyang, need your blessing booster!!! * kekekeeke *

No one will dare to miss the opportunity to see the Forbidden City. With my infatuation reading those ancient Chinese stories, Emperor stories (besides old Shanghai era stories *wink wink *), how can I miss a chance to get a real feel of a Chinese palace? * =) * Yeah, was brewing the images of eunuchs and servants prancing the area to cater to princes, princesses, the emperor... * LOL *

I must say that I am highly fascinated with this plce. It was sad that we only manage to spend aout 2 hours here due to ur tight schedule - will definitely spend a whole day here should I have a chance to be back in Beijing...


The "highway" outside of the main entrance - I think its a 8-10 lanes road!!!

Looking not much from the outside but the inner yards are spectacular!


How can I not mark this joyous event with my Pandie! * LOL * My colleagues took turns to take pics with my Pandie here - wanna enhance the "we are in china" vibe * LOL *

Really lurve the details - a huge area to explore! Each nook and corner and tile has a story - I am enchanted...


Overlooking Tiannanmen Square - and yes, those black dots are humans!!! The square is H-U-G-E and filled with people!!!

It does gave me some creeps as the first thing which hit me when I am looking at the square, was a flashback of the stories I read about the Tiannanmen Massacre...

Oh well, its a beautiful place no less...

After that, we took a walk at the area surrounding the Forbidden City, in which is the Hutong Area I blogged earlier.


Beautiful sight. The houses reflection on the pond. Used to be homes to the royal relatives and high ministers back then.

Like this pic!

I really enjoyed myself in Beijing, am very grateful and happy that this opportunity was granted to me... And to all people who helped make it happen, and who made it so fun - heartfelt thanks, for inbedding another entry of fond memories in my small heart...

No comments: