Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Beijing - Great Wall of China

Ok, SP, am trying to finish blogging about my Beijing Trip by tonight!!! If my internet connection doesnt konked out - in which it appears almost like you won the lottery each time you manage to connect but you never know when you gonna get robbed (disconnected). So much for Broadband and I am terminating this yucky service!!!

Of course, not to be missed when one is in Beijing would be the Great Wall of China. Am still trying to make myself believe that I actually been to one of the Great Wonders of the World!!! * heehee * And yes, it is really Great!

Barely adjusted to the cold, we excitedly and rather bravely went to visit the Great Wall. With the winter on mainland is already hard to bear, oh, just enjoy the chill when you reach the mountain area!!!



Sight from the car approaching the Great Wall.

The view from one of the towers. The mountain air is even colder, with strong, gusty winds blowing away. Here was where I bought my panda hat! * heehee *

This pic was taken from the cable car. Yup, they have cable cars to bring you up to one of the towers. As the cold air was unbearable, we did not walk much, took pics and grab as much sights as we can see and headed back down to the warmth of the car. There was rather many other tourists there as well.

I really, really like it, will definitely return should I have to the chance to go Beijing again * =) *


As we were dead hungry, and there isnt much choice of food there, we went to eat at one of the few restaurants there. In which almost all of them do not accept credit cards... * ughh... * And the food was REALLY REALLY BAD!!!

This is some sort of Tofu soup, which was bland and more like pepper soup that vegetable tofu soup * eewww... * Ordered that for the sake of heat...

And this was the WORST fried rice I have ever eaten in my entire life!!! * eeeek!!!!! * Please, I do not want to remind myself how it tasted like - yeah, it was that bad...

Oh yeah, how can I not end this post with another pic of me with my Panda-hat? * LOL * And my red face was caused by the cold wind, not Blusher Overload ok! * LOL * Yup, very nice experience!!!

No comments: