Wednesday, March 07, 2007

$$$$$ decision ...

I need to grow my money - literally.

Now in my early 20s and still studying, it is hard not to think myself as useless. Yeah, many will say courteous words in front of me ; - Good wat, no need to work yet got people pay for you; or- You will regret when you join the work force, better life as a student! But how many get to experience the way strangers ( mostly people you meet on the street, either accquaintances or those annoying salespeople) throw their surprised look and gasps when they found out that I am still a student.

Yeah, I know I look old and to some, maybe I look like a mother with 3 kids. I know people cant help it, but their facial expressions betrayed them. The shock look on their face to learn that I am still a student and the judgments that went through their minds explicitly displayed on their face how they degraded me in their hearts. What worse is how some people (especially sales people) thought that they wisely cover their slip-up by saying; Oh, ok, thanks! - and dismiss you just like that, without even a smile. I secretly compensate my wounded ego by thinking that is the reason why these people remain as sales people - because they only know how to discriminate people and dont have the potentials to do great things with their shallowness. Just hope these people wont cross my path when I am rich and highly, cos I shall crush you all faster than you can say sorry.

Though I am graduating by this August, I cant exactly looking forward the freedom to look back defiantly at these people and tell them I DONT NEED YOUR SERVICE though I have the capability to do so. I am already wallowing in woes on how to manage my finances.

I hope I will be accepted in a MNC - mostly so I can get a lil higher entry level pay. If not, well, I just live life more miserably only. I start to think of having to pay PTPTN loan, and prolly car installments on top of living expenses... I start to envision a bleak future ....

By this week, I shall need to make one rather major financial decision in my life - to invest or not to invest in this unit trust fund recommended by a close, trustworthy friend. If means to invest, I'll be risking half my savings into it - and my meaning of risk, though deemed extremely minimal to most, is sighted HUGE to me if you know how timid I am when it comes to gambling. I just so takut to gamble, even an 8-year old kid got annoyed with me. Seriously.

Anyway, I think I should invest, as the money is just sitting in the savings account and one cant count on it to grow with the measly 2.5% per annum. FD is no better option with their 3-5% interest rate per annum, especially with my tiny figure. Worst, the money will be handed over to the retail industry should they come up with a tempting offer * :P *


* sigh * If it is as profitable as it seems, its not a bad thing to get a 10-20% of divident from your investment per annum. Even if I dont reinvest the profit, can use the money as a treat for myself or sumthing * :P *

I really need to do something to grow my money instead of spending it... Wish me all the best ya! This is the 1st big $$$ risk ( to me, especially) that I will take for the first time in my life - I need all the Good Luck I can get! * :P *

No comments: