Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lousy Italian Food in SS2

I had been looking for this Italian restaurant featured in the newspaper. I looked and searched and always ended up not finding - must be having no fate. Finally, found it, and apparently there are TWO of them there. Tried one of them, the one near Public Bank - and I must say, its the worst Italian food place I've been to so far. Really.

The interior of the place look rather cozy with the traditional Italian home style. Even the boss is an angmoh- but I guess that doesnt mean you'll get good Italian food. Sumore all dishes were very SALTY! I was disappointed to be served not good food accompanied by rather bad customer service. The waitress behaved as if you killed all her cats last night. Not economical on the wallet too.


A good looking mushroom soup which tasted like those canned Campbell soup. The difference - it seemed as if they just added mushroom pieces into it to make it thicker. I hate it.

The ice-blended chocolate - another one which looked impressive but tasted so amature - i think I can make a better tasting one * :P *

The Deep-fried Mozarella which I anticipated to be those wholly deep-fried cheese chunks a bit like those from BurgerKing's, but it turned out to be Mozarella SANDWICH which they deepfried! As if it did not irritate me enough, there's a minimal cheese in them! @#$%$#@$$%


Pasta in Mushroom Sauce - another salty dish which was rather plain.

Lasagna - salty to the max, with very few layers too.


Tiramisu - the dessert i anticipated - which was a disappointment. Nampak cantik, but the taste was far from it.

Well, dont think I will ever return to this place, unless with a change of chef and management. But I am anticipating to try the other Utalian restaurant in ss2 - hopefully that is THE ONE recommended by the newspaper.... Siapa mau ikut?

Rate : Food 3.5/10, Price 5 /10, Ambience 7 /10, Service 4 /10

No comments: