Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pork Feast

This entry is waaaay to backdated * =P * It was actually a family dinner out during Fathers' Day - yep, you heard me right. Yeah, its THAT long ago... * LOL * This entry is too good to be missed, hence I post it up, to the fancy of meat eaters - apologies if this entry offended anyone as this is a non-halal entry * wink * wink *

My Bro-in-Law is a carnivor - a no meat meal is like death penalty to him * =p * Well, do heard rumours that he will feel giddy & faint should he not have a bite of meat for a day... So he happily introduced to us this German restaurant at The Curve, selling specialty dishes of Oink-Oink.

As I am not so much a pork eater and at times cerewet (WL begs to differ rite? As she thinks I am too cerewet *=P *), my Bro-in-Law did most of the dish selecton, also because he is familiar with such cuisine.

Pork Skin - deep fried. I can only bring myself to chew on a small piece for the sake of trying and entertaining the host - well, that is A LOT or someone who dont even eat KFC chicken's skin, ok!
But I do find it surprisingly not oily or fatty at all... Crunchy in fact.


Another entree we had - which I forgot the name. Its actually bread topped with tomatoes&herbs& pieces of ham/bacon topped with telur mata kerbau * =P * Sedap leh!


Pork Knuckles - surprisingly tender...


Sausages! Yummy! And I like how they serve you 3 different types of dips for this.



Another type of pork knuckles - and they must stick the knife into it - we get it ok, that you have to kill the pig to get it.
I do like the unique flavored beers they have there. A good place to go to experience different sort of food, fascinating for pork lovers.
Rate: Food 7/10 Service 6/10 Ambience 7/10 Price 5/10

1 comment:

Enna Ua said...

Haha.. sounds yummy! should bring my chinese family there! =)