Sunday, September 03, 2006

My new fav porridge place

If any of you can recall, I am someone who lurves porridge. No, not due to influence of the fairy tale of the girl and the 3 bears tingy. I, well, just like it, hehe... Though I dont seem like someone who lurves porridge, hor?

All these while, I liked the porridge sold by the stall in the USJ 2 coffeeshop. Tried the well-known one in Petaling Street, but it didnt hold my favor. Am still planning to go try this famous one in KL - anyone knows how to get there ar?

The USJ 2 porridge stall auntie's porridge lost its placing in my porridge heart * :P * after I tried this shop's :



Pei tann sau yuk juk - by Maharaja Laut restaurant in Taipan, USJ. Served in the traditional claypot, it kept the porridge hot till the last spoonful. Their porridge taste rather authentic - gave me the home-cooked porridge feeling, unlike those MSG porridge most commercial stalls sell. Not only the authentic taste, but also the generously incorporated porkballs and century egg pieces - YUMMY!!! Their serving for one actually is enough to fill 2 stomachs.

Memang porridge is their specialty there, though they do offer a variety of other chinese noodles and snacks.


And tong-sui too! Tried their bubur ca-ca which is a lil too sweet to my likings.

Some might feels that this shop placed the price of a pot of porridge a lil too high. For me, I think its alright to pay rm5.90 for a claypot of porridge which is enough for 2 AND has generous servings of ingredients in it.


Come on over for a bowl of porridge with me there anytime, ya!


Rate : Price 5 /10, Food 6/ 10, Service 5/ 10, Ambience 6/ 10 ( its usually rather quiet there, and whats best is to consume hot porridge in air-conditioned place? :P), Presentation - em... how do you judge the prettiness of a pot of porridge? :P

No comments: