Saturday, December 16, 2006

Morning Magic

* Sentimental Entry *



I am not a morning person.

I enjoy being a 'night cat' cos I find solace in the stillness of the dark and the soft, cool breeze that envelops me. It is the catalyst for me to ponder, to stray in my messy web of weird inner self and emotions. The night also triggers my creative side, where many of my crafts and ideas are created - well, overnight * :P *

But this morning, nature gave me a new lesson and a new view of the world. I discovered the true meaning of morning magic - no, SP, I dont mean the kind of roll-over-and-have-a-morning-orgasm kinda magic * :P * heehee * wink * wink *

This semester, I have a crazy time of having 3 out of the 4 papers I take, they are scheduled damn early - 8.45 am!!! Sumore consecutive days!!! * argh!!! * To beat the traffic, I left my warm, inviting bed at 6am and leave for uni by 7am * &^%$#! * Since I have 1 hour before the paper starts, I went to have breakfast at a mamak bistro nearby while going through my notes.

They have these open-air tables where I chose to sit - away from the crowd who all seated inside the shop. This open-air area is coincidently surrounded by trees, creating a very comfy environment in the cool morning air.

While trying to recall what I've been trying to memorize, the realization actually struck me real hard - the surroundings.

I have never actually wake up so early before to enjoy a mug of piping hot teh tarik under the sky and trees. The weight of sleepiness heavy in the air, the nakedness of the atmosphere is so stark with many still in dreamland, a sense of innocence flows to you. The sky was clear and blue, cool breeze gently kiss my chubby face, faint chirpings of birdies in the distant backdrop. There was this magical aura in that moment. Nature is just so amazingly beautiful.

It gave me a sense of calm despite the anxiety of not being able to remember all the key points and the lethargic-ness of having not enough sleep from mugging the books. Teh-tarik and roti canai had never tingled my tastebuds like they did this morning. Time seemed to went still for that one minute and for once, I felt * ahem * pure ... if you know what I mean... Its like hearing the nature speaks to me...

This experience taught me to value the simple things in life which we often take for granted. To see things beyond what it often potrayed.

I must make a resolution to appreciate this kinda 'magic' more often... Words cant explain exactly the magical moment - one hafta experience it. Try it, at least one in this lifetime - either on your own or with a loved one - the feeling will be a pleasant, refreshing experience...

No comments: