Sunday, December 24, 2006

Steamboat&BBQ Buffet

* argh!!! * I have too many subjects yet not enough time to post them! * grumble * grumble * Why time seems to wheeze by at the during the year end? * sigh *

Okie - down to business ... * :P * Another food review from me the glutton-FuzZyPanDa * heehee * I went to this place for the 1st time some time ago but didnt manage to take pics of it as we were too busy digging in to savage our hunger than to waste precious minutes to take pics * :P * Therefore, the 2nd time there, I make sure I contain my gluttony a bit so that I can share the info of this place with everyone * hehehe *

This Steamboat&BBQ Buffet place is at the new shoplots behind Mentari Square. For those of you who frequents Yuen Steamboat there, will have an idea what I am talking about - this place is situated right across the road from them - at the new shoplots. Rather 'unnoticed' by bypassers with their location on the 4th floor, it is a hidden pleasure for those who can 'find' it * :P *

They are having a year-end promo * ??? * of rm18.80 per adult stomach, where this price includes free-flow drinks of Jasmine tea or Mango 'juice' ( which is actually those cordial mango flavoured drinks). Steamboat pot on your table, and when you want your food to be 'barbequed', just drop your plate at the 'barbeque counter' and they'll do the job for you. Just wait for the 'tiiing' to collect you 'barbequed' food.



Prawns and some kind of big 'la-la' * dunno what they are called ler... * :P *

My fav! Mushrooms!

The interesting quality that I like about this place is their few choices of cooked food offered. Unlike most steamboat buffet place where their cooked food tasted stale and awful, here, I tell you, I prolly ate more of them than the steamboat stuff! It tasted soooooo... good...

The Meehoon-fried-thai-style, Very fragrant seafood fried rice and my favourite - their Marmite Chicken! Memang gila sedap!!! * salivating... * At times, I feel like going there just to eat their Marmite Chicken! Yes, it is that sedap... * :P *

Another aspect which I like about this place is that they offer a very clean and comfy environment for steamboat - ing. Their place is well air-conditioned and not stuffy with stale air, and the best part is their window seats where they have large windows that can be open to your likings. With the rainy season in tow lately, it is very pleasurable to have your steamboat with enjoyable company and at the same time, having soft, cool breeze to carry away the steam from the pot. Customer service is good, with very polite and informative staff who patiently explain to you how their buffet works the minute you set your ass on their chairs. And of course - the Marmite Chicken ....

So, who wants to go Marmite Chicken with me now? * :P *

Rate : Food 5/ 10 for the steamboat, 6.5/10 for their cooked food, Price 5.5/ 10, Ambience 6.5/ 10, Service 6/ 10

No comments: