Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2 X 5 X 52

I am so sick sick sick of traffic jams!!!!!!!!!

Every day I spend at least 2 hours (that is when I am lucky not to be stuck in a massive jam) – about 1 hour to work and another from work. Usually, it’s the “from work” journey that can take more than an hour. It’s the dreadful getting in and out of Subang Jaya – why the hell so jam? Too many residents here and only 2 way out. Itu belum kira people from Kota Kemuning and all coming through from Kesas Highway – just another addition to the traffic jam…

Hence, 2hours X 5days a week X 52 weeks a year = 520 hours spent idling on the road a year!!! More than 21 days! Now you see why I say I am idling my life away by getting stuck in traffic jams?

I do feel that my life is idling away just by sitting in my car on the road every single working day. Well, non-working days are sometimes spent in the traffic as well, especially when you try to feed the retailers money at the shopping malls. That, has one more annoyance – the parking-jam. If you are lucky enough, you are stuck in the shopping mall’s parking lot for gawd-knows-how-long either to look for a parking space, or getting out of the parking lot.

Not only my life is wasted – hey, that 2 hours can do a lot of things leh, especially means a lot to sleep * :P * - my petrol is burning away while I am still stuck in the same spot. * sigh… * It really makes a lot of difference to your petrol level by going to and fro from work without traffic jam. The going home trip is unavoidable, any hour from 5 onwards is jammed, the morning trip still got chance to avoid jam if one set out early enough – but I just cant sacrifice my sleep too much * :p * sigh… * Public transport is not an option - not so feasible when you stay in USJ. All my hard earned money goes back to my employer… * sigh… *

No comments: