Monday, January 14, 2008

CNY Mood - How to?

What can I do to get myself into the CNY mood? It is less than a month away, yet I felt as if it is non-existent in the society.

No, blasting “xin nien lai le” songs into my ears do not jack my CNY spirits up, nor hanging / putting up those CNY red decorations all over my house can do the trick (This reminds me of how Pam anticipate on my rage to tear off all the CNY decorations at my ex’s house in my threat of venting out my desire to upset his Mum * LOL * Which his Mum likes to leave the decoration on THROUGHOUT THE YEAR despite it has waaaayyyy past CNY’s 15 days of celebration, the only time they will take it down is to PUT ON new CNY decorations for the following year * pengsan * I can never understand that “culture”…) as I will most likely be happier to go on a frenzy to tear all down, stomp on them and watch the them go up in flames! * kekekeke * My destructive streak...

I really miss how we (or probably just me * :) *) anticipates for the arrival of CNY as early as a month to 2 before, getting prepared and planning for what to wear on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd day. And how fun it was to tag along with my parents, jostling the CNY crowd shopping for CNY goodies, stacking up our store room with dozens of can drinks, cookies, sweet meat and all sort of CNY food. Also, how numerous aunties will come to you offering cookies and CNY snack samples, trying to persuade you to order from them sets the mood. Now, it seems that the aunties all retired? Or prolly just no one approaches me? * :P * Ah… the smell from various household tengah membakar kuih kapit – as in those still using the charcoal method kind… Now, bau eksos kereta saja yang available * :P * The dreadful few days before CNY eve, having Mum barking down your throat every half an hour to clean my room or help her spring clean the house, feeling rebelliously lazy not to do it, but reluctantly hafta do it anyway. Now, my mum just don’t give a damn anymore * LOL * cos she cant threaten us the way when we were still kids anymore * :p *

And of course, the excitement of purchasing bunga api either legally or illegally * LOL * I still remembered the times when the Government start imposing a ban on fireworks, even those minor bunga api children likes to play, those were the days when my kampung in Brickfields still exists (Now became the famous KL Sentral Monorail Station), how we kids hafta walk through selok-belok lorong-lorong gelap to reach the “merchants” of fireworks * LOL * And how the houses looked normal and when you mention “Yau Pau Cheong Mai Mou?”, they will open a huge box, or boxes or bring you into a room with the amount stock enough to blow up the whole village and tell you what is the latest “best-seller” * wink *

I guess, in order to get that CNY mood into me, I must go around asking “Yau Pau Cheong Mai Mou?” and to be treated to a room filled with fireworks of all kind and the uncle telling me which are the latest “best-seller”s, then truly my CNY has arrived… * wink * wink *

No comments: