Sunday, March 09, 2008

I lurve this book!

* SP!!! THIS IS ONE BOOK I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ IT!!! If you have not, that is *


This is one book that left a big impact on me - it made me laugh out loud and sob uncontrollably. S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y.

Most of us, at some point of our life bound to have had a pet. It’s always those 1st pets that tug your heartstrings. Reading this book brought back a flood of memories I had with Iro, making it a heart-warming journey. What I truly like about this book is the way John Grogan tells his story of his life with Marley. It can easily be any story of an owner who loves his pet dearly, as it is a pretty common tale you can hear among pet owners, gushing or complaining about their pets. But he made it a totally different experience.

John Grogan is a fantastic writer – the way he made very accurate description about his life with Marley amazes me, it is so pictorial, and I can picture it vividly. His chosen words made Marley came alive to the reader, I swear I can almost feel Marley’s doggy breath too * :P *


I am someone who rarely smiles, laugh or cry while reading. THIS IS ONE HELL OF A BOOK WHO MADE ME DID ALL ACTIONS MENTIONED. And what I meant by crying isn’t that tear or two or misted eyes I get at some stories – I launched into a full-blown sob at Marley’s story in the end. At some points, it is so funny, I laughed out LOUD * :P * Oh yeah, that’s how good I felt this book is.


He made people with dogs revisit those reasons why we love them, he tells people who have not had a dog the magic of pets can bring. Like how he mentioned how Marley taught him about life, I think John Grogan taught the readers on how to bond with you pets. He and his family took really good care of Marley despite his mischief, where many abandoned pets due to the same reasons; they took it bravely and love Marley fiercely. Enough said, I give this book high recommendation. Read it, even if you don’t have a dog before, John Grogan’s storytelling skill is marvelous enough to keep you engrossed.


SP – his words is fantastic. Lelaki yg pandai menggunakan bahasa untuk memikat hati pembaca. I am sure you will like his style of writing * wink * wink*


Love this book a lot!




Check out my new bookmark - I was busy crying while reading the book, now I cant find where I placed it * silly me *

This is what I am currently reading. A book on Change Management. Got it for free and must read as well as review it on the 19th of March - joined this bookclub in my company * hehehe * Wish me luck! * LOL *

No comments: