Monday, March 17, 2008

Retro Nite 2008

Yes, a super delayed entry * :P * I know SP wanted to see this long ago * hahaha * now baru I blog. I swear if it is not the miles of sea separates us, she would have cubit-ed me long ago... * LOL *


This event took place before CNY * :P * Yes, SP, my bad *, my departmental annual dinner. It was held lavishly at the KL Convention Centre, which is also traffic jam centre. Having to rush there after work and needed to beat the rush hour, you can guess the havoc I was by the time I am there.


With the lack of time to "berdandan", I decided to screw it la if I stink the whole room, just brought along my trusty bottle of EDP and spritz away * :P * Having denied the indulgence of a cool shower, I decided to take the one hour before dinner to do my hair at SgWang.


As it goes with my luck with hair dressers in KL, again I stumbled upon a really good looking hairstylist * muahahahaha! * No, this time I were not lured into the shop because of him, he just happens to be there when I am there * :P *


Actually, a not handsome youngster supposed to wash and style my hair, * btw, he talked to me in BM, assuming I am non-Chinese, what else is new? * suddenly disappeared after washing my hair! So, me sitting there holding the towel, looking like a wet dog, suddenly a knight in blond hair whisked a hairdryer at my face * :P *


He was talkative, and super-informative, I think I gotten a lil tired just from listening to him go on and on above the sound of the hair dryer. But he is cute, so I forgive him * :P * And later I found out that he is actually a senior stylist and shouldnt be doing my hair * since my request is kacang putih, and am not paying professional rate * but he stand in to do it as he saw me sitting there in my wet hair and no one else in sight. So I am lucky that day! * LOL *


But memang his hands * erm * work is good... * :P * Really liked how he styled me hair. I permed my hair a few days before the dinner, even the person who permed my hair couldnt style it to my liking, which I seemed to regret my perm at first. However, his magic touch seemed to transformed many things * hahaha *


A satisfied customer!




So, the dinner - well it did went on a lil grand, it was managed by an events management company. So got a hired emcee and the train of performers - which wasnt really good.

Welcoming entrance. They have some dancers doing breakdance and all at the reception, as well as temporary tattoo counter, hair coloring counter, face painting counter and a potrait sketching counter. Didnt take much pictures of that, cos the crowd was moving into the banquet hall when I reach.

The stage. Our theme if the dinner was Retro Night and all of us have to attend in retro clothings to compliment the mood. Yeah, there are some who went through the extra mile and made effort to come dressed really groovy. Me? Just look the part hitting the theme is enough ler - I did not aim to win the dest-dressed award * :P *


My goodie bag! Takde apa impressive kat dalam... Cap and the likes.


The entertainment provided by the events management company. A bit lame lor, they did dance and all but a lil vulgar leh. Company dinner they have performers wearing cut-off catsuits! * pengsan * See how this pic the performer wore a long dress?

jeng-jeng-jeng! Halfway trough, she tore it off to reveal the sexy, hot pantsuit. And even came off the stage to do some lap dance... OMG... Truly did not expect this kind of entertainment at a company dinner...


Food was not good, except the appetizer - got mini abalones! * LOL *


And my lucky streak that day did not end at the salon - I won a consolation prize at the lucky draw! * woohoo * And I was telling my colleagues that I sure wont win anything as I have always no luck with such thing, and my ticket number totally do not sound like a winner - 0002 * LOL * Oh well, small win is better than nothing. Its the fun of having to win something.

Overall, it was okay, just a lil dull and not interactive. People were not in the mood to dance or anything as they were tired, having to rush there from work and all. The events management company did not give a good job, everything a lil kelam-kabut.

Oh well, everything have to start from somewhere... I can say that this is truly an experience - hey, its my first company / departmental dinner mer... * hehehe *

P/S : SP, for more pics, check it at my Multiply ya! =)

No comments: