Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Korean BBQ Buffet

Ya lar, ya lar, went piggy again * :P * I memang tak boleh stop this ketagih * kekekeke * Hey, blame Pammie! She's the one ask if wanna eat alot that lunch! I swear, its her! * ngek ngek ngek*

Went to try this new korean BBQ at Taipan. Not the one I reviewed earlier. This is ANOTHER one, a newer one * :P * and its buffet style instead of ala carte like the other one. Lunch & dinner to choose from. But they do offer ala carte as well such as bimbimbap, bulgogi such.


Priced at almost rm25 per stomach is a rather economical price when it comes to Korean food,though hafta pay extra for the drinks ( adds up to RM30 + tax per stomach) - but since it as free-flow, I'll let it pass * :) * Authentancy - well, oh-kay saje, as they offer loads of those fishballs, sotongballs - all itu ball-ball people makan for steamboat. A lil disappointed at first to see that they dont have that many variety to tuck into.

The 1st round of our lunch * :P *

Sizzle away!!! I like the fact that they layer aluminium foil on top of the grill to avoid foodsticking to the grill. Most impressively was how they actually C-H-A-N-G-E the foil so often, I lost count. Seriously. When they see it turned black abit, they change. Oh, you all can choose between tomyum or chicken broth for the steamboat soup.


And I MUST comment on their customer service. Truly fabulous! That smooth and soft looking hand is not mine, but of the Korean lady who served us. They will at times come over and help you to grill. And their staff is so soft-spoken and polite, it made me feel bad to give orders to them. They also come over frequently to clear way used plates and ask if you need to add soup or anything. A very pleasant time dining with them.

Of course those steamboat food ( itu fishcake, fish ball stuff) is of the common and also tak banyak variety, but go there we sure serang their beef which are marinated Korean style. SEDAP!!! And I also must mention their sotong - that was the first time I even makan sotong marinated that way of theirs that we ate a plate full just of that! Or was it 2? * :P * SP & WL will definitely love the sotong here! The chicken meat too were very well marinated. Kimchi is good - not those chunky or undermarinated kind. Got ice-cream too *heehee*

This place really imprinted a good impression on me. Will definitely return, sumore so near my house rite? No need go all the way to Midvalley for Korean BBQ liao! Yay! And, dunno because it's still new or what, but the shop is really very clean lo! Too bad the chairs werent that comfy la. Polite staff. Brightly lit. The crowd was very small on my visit, other time I tak tau la.

Sure, this is one I would recommend!

Rate : Food 7 /10, Price 5.5 /10, Ambience 6 /10, Cleanliness 8/ 10, Service 7.5 /10

No comments: