Sunday, November 26, 2006

WL's Bday 2006

Another piggy hit the mark liao! A belated celebration for WL due to an unfortunate bout of flu viruses which hit her earlier. As C jumpstarted the 'special bday cake' tingy, I decided to make these for my daughter's bday :



Homemade cupcakes. Dongkoi me forgot to buy additional butter for the icing, hence the rather plain look and taste of the cupcakes * :( * Sorry, gal!


The big one in the middle! Anyway, I sengaja use those sprinkle balls to make it look 'dotty' since WL lurve polka dots stuff so much * :P *


And the weird stuff stuck into the big muffin is actually mini placards of well wishes for her! Also handmade wan! See, I so sincere leh! * :P *

As for the celebration, we went to makan Jap food. Initially wanted to go makan Japanese buffet, but when we reached there, they said that the buffet was a promotional period only, therefore we just order ala carte lo. I forgot what the restaurant's name is, but it is situated the row behind Fondue House in Hartamas. The 3 of us, ( SP were there too) had a very puas Jap food ordeal.

Price wise, is the usual Jap food price la, higher than those in RajaSushi of course la. But I tell you, you sure puas-puas wan! The food was great, with generous servings. The glutton pig in us somemore mau order banyak-banyak but luckily didnt. Each of us has a set was already enough to fill up our pig stomachs, and the food was very well presented too!

Ambience was good, with dimmed lightings and cozy settings, though the restaurant is rather small space wise. The only thing I find annoying is that they have a over-excited waitress who seems to be too friendly for my comfort as she kept intercepting my menu-strutinizing time and pushing to sell her 'meals'. Nevertheless, customer service is good, with their waitresses coming over to our table to refill ocha very frequently, without needing us to call for them to do so.

I ordered a set which consisted of a bowl of Ramen and other stuff (rm22), which the texture of the Ramen was good, but the Miso soup it were in was a lil too salty.


And my ebi ten maki, also comes together in the set with the gyoza! Yummy! Look at that gorgeous prawn tail! Big and oh-so-seductive! * :P * Unlike those I've eaten before, this is by far the best! They used a huge prawn tempura, which wasnt overfried, hence the tender and juicy meat and not those skinny prawn most place give. and the maki is so huge, it took effort to put a piece of it into my mouth! And the thickly layered fish roe! Makes your cholestrol shoot up to the roof for a minute. But well worth it! * muahahahahaaha! *

WL's set. I just must take a pic of hers too because it looked so pweeettyy! Tak sempat wanna tak pic of SP's set cos she digged into it so fast * :P * withour giving me a chance to take our my HP * wink *

And lastly, we ordered this sushi for sharing - soft-shell crab one! Another O-M-G experience! A must try! Though intimidated by its price at first (rm18) cos I tot it must be 3-4 pieces of in in a plate, but it turned out to consist of a whooping EIGHT pieces - all XL sized sumore! *nearly fainted * It is also gila babi sedap! A must try!

Overall, it cost about rm35-rm40 per person. Not bad for a Jap meal leh, sumore a very very satisfying one. Memang I syiok makan di sini. Great food in good presentation and warm service. Another one I would recommend if you ever crave for a good Jap meal.

Rate : Food 8 /10, Service 7 /10, Price 7 /10, Ambience 7 /10, Cleanliness 8 /10

After dinner, went for yumcha then a late night movie. Had a fun time, with very enjoyable companies. Hopefully, WL like the pressies I gave her and may us have many more such warm and pleasant times more frequently!

* hugsies* Happy Birthday, my daughter! *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice bday cupcakes...can i have a Christmas cupcake? LOL...better not muka tebal if not sure this PQ sapu me teruk-teruk and say i muka tebal =p

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything yo. Lurve the pressies & had a great piggy time. (",)