Sunday, February 04, 2007

CNY bleakness

I have never been a very enthusiastic CNY person all my life. The only jive I have about CNY is that I get to go buy new clothes and shoes and eat that fantastic pineapple tarts my neighbour sends to us every year.

To me, CNY is all about the hot, dry weather, undesirable washing & cleaning and of course, self defense & tolerance. As it has been my family's tradition to have open house on the 1st day of CNY, it means nothing to me besides washing those dirty plates and cups and cleaning after guests in the scorching day. Mum will expect me to help to do the dish washing and the preparation of the table spread and jangan even harap my 1st sis will lend any hand - maybe except for barking more orders at you as if she is the Madame of the house. The CNY eve too spells nothing except more cleaning and washing and having orders barked at you like you are a servant when some 'highly' being thinks that she is the Queen and you are born to do the dirty jobs unlike her highness.


All the crap with the over rated 'spirits' of reunion and rekindled relationships of CNY - bullshit la. It is a gathering for some people to show off and the time for them to condemn you at every possible opportunity. Relatives like nothing more but to sibuk about what you have been up to the past year and find fault with it. All those fake-ness drives me up the wall each blardy time. If you really care about me so much, why didnt you bother to actually C-O-N-T-A-C-T me during the year and ask nicely, not critisizing and snickered at you. Why is it that people enjoy bringing you down to hell and push themselves to the heaven? And coming from your own bloodline somemore! You have to defend yourself to the max or risk being humiliated with no mercy or compassion in front of everyone till the next CNY.

Over the years, I managed to attain my survival skills - ignore and answer their question with a question followed by a smirk on your face to add the mystery ... * :P * I've learnt to allow them to think that I am arrogant therefore they wont bother to even apporoach me * muahahahaha! * Dont mess with me, I definitely, 100%, comfirmed - WILL BITE you if you dare!

So you see - I dont exactly like CNY.

However, this year I gotten a lil into the CNY mood as I have to organize this CNY event for my club in Uni. All those research and activities did put me into the festivity. I hope that in the future, I can reshape the CNY that I used to and am experiencing into something I actually will and can enjoy!

No comments: