Monday, February 19, 2007

Valentine 2007 - Part 2

Being single often being labelled as boring and sad creatures when Vday arrives. I beg to differ... Yeah, Vday simply SEEMs to be better when you are with that someone special, especially when you are surrounded by couples on this very day, every god damned place you go, with everyone asking you how you will be spending this Vday special nite with a special someone.

To me, it is not important if you are in a relationship or not - it is being HAPPY that matters. I dont say this because I am currently single and jealous of couples - I AM NOT - but from experiences, I can assure you that Vday is not always a happy day for most couples.

You see, with everyone, especially couples, putting so much expectation onto this already over rated day, people are bound to be disappointed. Some people so "action" and show off that they have a BF or GF to spend this day with, but how many really look into the aspect where do both really am having a HAPPY Valentine's day?


Undoubtly there will be disappointed GFs who did not receive the "anticipated" gift(s) or the "ideal" date and BFs who complained the big hole burnt in their wallets and some prolly an empty bank account and going almost bald tearing their hair to come up with the "ideal" date.

Its ironic how people only judge from the presents one received and where they went for their Vday date than the "quality" of the day spent. Many bragged of what they got but deep down, are they really happy? Some yes, but mostly, sure got complaints wan...

Me too, used to be all excited about Vday, making all sort of preparation for it, in the naive nature of trying to serenade the one i love and make the day a special one. Once you got disappointed that things always dont turn up as you want it to be, you'll give up. I rather spend it plainly but happily rather than risk my heart getting pierced. Because men will never know what women wants and men willnever understand why their efforts are not being appreciated ( cos you got the presents wrong, dude! :P )

This year, I am so lucky to be given a chance to celebrate Vday in a very different perspective. As I had to participate in my Club's event, I found that my Vday was thoroughly very much happier than the days I spent with a BF. Of course, different kind of feel la, but its the contented feeling at the end of the day that matters most. I had a lot of fun in an environment filled with people, laughter and of course, fun! I am so thankful to God for alowing me the opportunity to have such uplifting Vday experience!

And here, I must give credit to B for adding loads of sugar to sweeten my Vday. He got me the most expensive bouquet of flowers I have received in this 23 years of my life yet( hoping many more to come, of course! :P) and it is absolutely pretty! In pink too! * heehee * swoon!* Thanks, B! Such a sweet boy! * hugsies ! *

A single white rose also from B... My fave color! * heehee *

I simply lurve how perfect this bloom was! ( yeah, I know I am a perfectionist la! ) It was in pure white and has the perfect arrangement of petals - which blooms prettily!

The big bouquet from B... Simply sweet scented and of course, beautiful!

Pinky roses! * heehee *

Must thank B again for this! I appreciates it very much! And thanks for the surprise and of course, the effort too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh..who's B?

Are you guys together now??

what's the scoop?

emails!

:P