Friday, February 16, 2007

Impressive Bak Kut Teh

I am very certain that you guys know that I am not an early panda ... Well, due to duties to manage the CNY event for my uni, I had to fight the morning birds at the Jalan Pasar morning market to tick things off my checklist - well, where else to get cheap, fresh and very Chinese stuffs if not the old Chinese wet market? Though suffered sleep deprivation, I enjoyed my trip very much to my surprise!

I MUST blog about this Bak Kut Teh. Situated within the wet market, it is the most AMAZING bak kut teh I've ever tasted in my life! SERIOUSLY with a capital S !!! Of course, ignore the rather unhygienic place and bad environment * hehehe *

Why it impressed me was that it is damn GOOD! Looks can be deceiving and this definitely tipu me liao! * :P *


Typical bak kut teh spread rite?

The intestines for my mum - * bluek *

This is what impressed the saliva out of me - brace yourself ok?

C-L-E-A-R soup!!! OMG... At first, I was rather sceptical as we were accustomed to cloudy and dark coloured bak kut teh soup and this one if very clear compared to those! But take one sip and you are suckered! It tasted even better than those dark, cloudy ones! Very heavy taste (kaau) of bak kut teh herbs with a very refreshing clear taste!

And the babi meat - oh-s0-good! The pork was very tender and was brewed long enough in the bak kut teh broth to infuse the meat with its flovor - unlike the usual ones we makan which still carry the porky taste.

Seriously - MESTI pergi cuba leh... AT least you lives and died tasted a "clear" bak kut teh before! * wink *

Rate : Food 8 /10, Price 6.5 /10 I dont think I can rate further, you all faham-faham la har... *:) *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOunds like the bak kut teh i made...:P hehe
anyway, Happy Chinese New Year. :)