Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Italian Food @ ss2

Yeah, yeah... I know I had not been posting much entries with pics in them... Now shall burn all your eyes with them! * :P *

A belated entry - I finally went to try the 'other' Italian place in ss2 which i mentioned earlier. This place, with a more modern decor and bright lightings did not impress me as anticipated - but was not too bad either * wink *

It was rather empty during lunch hour on a weekday. We were presented with a rather ugly menu despite the place's rather nice decor - you know, those menu they put in the pages in those clear folders and withOUT pics?

Moi must have entree - Mushroom Soup! Well, a surprisingly shallow plate for my soup, which tasted oooo-kay saje... Nothing much to imprint any recommendation from moi...

Our "appetizer" which were oh-not-so-appetizing. The Australian rock melon tasted suspiciously like the local honey dew with the slices of meat smelling and tasted like waxed meat, which was a big turn off to me...


WL's plate of sausages - was a lil too salty to my likings but she gave it the thumbs up...


My very disappointing lasagne - I suspect the chef forgot to add salt into mine-lah... And they were a lil too kiam-siap on the cheese... I totally dislike it! * hmphh! *


Their tiramisu closed my feast of the day with a small smile - finally, something i think is not bad... Despite looking discouraging, it tasted quite okay, though not the best I've tasted...


Customer service was rather good, with the restaurant manager flashing big, friendly smiles everytime she approaches our table. Their chef even came out to seek feedback from us, thought it felt a lil intimidating as we were the ONLY customers in their restaurant at that time.

A pleasant place to eat, though I dont really like their food. They do have a very attractive menu, offering dishes that are not so in the norm with similar Italian food places. Price wise, its not cheap, but on par with their competitors - I guess its the market price - go only if you wanna indulge, unless, of course, you are the kind who has the bucks to eat like dat all the time * :P *


Rate : Food 4.5 /10, Price 5 /10, Ambience 6 /10, Service 7 /10

No comments: