Saturday, April 07, 2007

Kangaroo-Dog

I was finally able to wax my car after a long delay due to either being busy, rainy days or just plain lazy * :P * My neighbour's daughters - 2 cute lil girls usually comes out to play in the porch in the evenings. One of them, the elder one is the talkative and proactive type, and being the her friendly and chatty self, she never fails to greet my family members each time she saw us. At times, I feel a lil suffocated of their presence.


You all know la, I am not very good with kids, and she is the kind who will ask you question after questions till the cows come home, so you can see why I so headache... But I know she mean no harm - she is just being nice and being the eldest in her family, she seek friends to talk and play with her. There was once I played blowing bubbles with her and after that for every day for few months, she never failed to ask me when will I play with her again. Till the extend she even ask my mum if I were at home anot to come out to play with them * pengsan * cute, hor...

So, when i finished polishing my car, I went in to grab a drink before headed out to reverse my car to park outside so that her highness can park her expensive proton wira in the porch. The lil girl started to tell me how she saw this 'kangaroo-dog' and i was like - wtf? She described it to to be jumping on its hind legs like a kangaroo. So I just brushed it off my mind assuming that it was prolly a dog doing some tricks taught by the owner.

I went back in and later, when I went out again to throw rubbish, I sat IT! The Kangaroo-dog!!! Now I finally understand... The dog, a stray, happened to be prowling my street and it has a paralysed front leg, hence the limping aka kangaroo-jump to the lil girls * pengsan * wake up * pengsan again * She didnt tipu me...

To make the incident even more amusing, the dog happened to be brown in color, in the exact same shade like a kangaroo!!! This incident certainly drew a huge smile on my face as it is really amazing a child's mind can be. She managed to relate what she knows to describe to me something so vividly close to the actual truth. And the poor limp, stray dog being upgraded to being a kangaroo in a child's eyes...

She is one hell of a clever girl! * wink *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.