Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My 1st Flower Arrangment!

* Yippee-yippee-Ya-Ya!!!*


I managed to complete my 1st flower arrangement which are meant for the public! * heehee * Am feeling proud of me-self! * heehee * Though not exactly amazing, but it was much better than I had imagined... So, must gloat abit and show off to you guys! * :P *

My Mum, a helper in a temple, was assigned to clean and wash their plastic flowers arrangement for the altar, which had been there for 5 years or more. Every year, my mum will be assigned to do it when it is nearing Wesak Day.

My Mum couldnt stand the fact that the arrangement not only had aged oh-so-NOT-gracefully, it is deteriorating as well, with many starting to "wilt" * :) * Feeling that it is damaging for the aesthetic impression of devotees, my mum decided to sponsor a set of new flower arrangements for them( There are actually 2 of them, one each to flank the Buddha's image's sides).

It was rumored than the previous flower arrangements costs about rm1000++ * wtf? * It equals to rm500+ for ONE PLASTIC FLOWERS in ONE PLAIN POT. Apparently some generous devotee ordered it from a florist and donate it to the temple. Really must open a florist's shop, man... But not sure if the rumour is correct anot la har...

My mum 'consulted' me on this matter * :P * and I agreed to help her with this mission. We went flower-hunting at Mydin, which upon my research up till now, sells the cheapest plastic flowers. The cost of the flowers for TWO arrangements costs us only rm110... rm1000++, huh?

This is how the original one looked like ... Doesnt look so scrabby on pic, but upon a closer view, one can see how it is permanently stained grey with dust and the flowers had petals struggling to stay in their stems.

Does this really costs rm500++ each? I seriously dont buy the story leh... Somemore, one can see the quality of the flowers, even when it was brand new, is not of quality - not those nice-nice ones you see in IKEA-type.

This is my new creation! * Ta-daa! * heehee * Cantik anot? I didnt take a very good pic of it cos of time constraint and the lack of angle to shoot this huge arrangement. When placed on the floor, it amounted up to my chest.

I wasnt very keen on the sunflowers but my mum likes it so much, she insists on having them... well, up to her la... They look nicer in reality though... The pics dont do them justice * :P *


This is where we placed them... At the back on each side of the Buddha's image. From afar, they looked like real, fresh flowers * hehehe *


Go la - Go to the temple and see my creation * :p * I know it looks very amateur-ish... But my 1st try at it! * hehehe * My mum said that there are 2 more arrangement to be done for the other altar in the Shrine Hall... I shall keep you all posted on those to when I am done with them! * hehehe * I will ganbate and keep improving to produce the best work! Wish me all the luck ya! * wink *

No comments: