Sunday, May 11, 2008

My 1st Work Travel

I know this might seem silly to many, but I was pretty excited with this trip – as it was my first ever virgin travel on work account * =P *

Was happy that my boss included me for this trip, as it was meant only for team leads and Managers. Though just spending the night, I think it is sufficient for me to get the chance to travel due to work. Another milestone hit!

A lil intimidating – as the other colleagues are all pangkat much tinggi than me the noob + small fry. But good oso la, get to know them a lil better. Off I headed to Singapore on a Sunday afternoon on my own, giddy with the excitement of flying MAS for the 1st time as well. Luckily met few colleagues who are on the same flight as I, so it wasnt so boring. And I do not have to worry being sesat, as they knows the way * wink * wink *


My 1st flight with MAS


Stayed at Novotel Clarke Quay, as it is just about 5 minutes of walking distance from the Singapore Office. The hotel is real nice and new.


View from my room... Overlooking the shops of Clarke Quay

My Room! Likey how they give additional small pillows


I seriously like their writing table! Very Chic! Its actually slanted, though hard to see from this picture, And likey the reading light. It is scattered with information brochure about the hotel and Singapore attactions. And they have those upper-star-hotel facilities, like the display on the TV to welcome you to their hotel, displaying your name. Being referred as Miss CPQ sounds foreign to me * =P *


I was so impressed by their ultra sleek toiletries display! Looks So Cool! The test-tube shampoo stuff, and the tray slides out containing those toothbrush and stuff.
They even provide a bubble bath gel, so you can have a soak at the bath tub - which I did - Fabulous!


And I appreciate the extra touch - there's this card with fresh flower on your bed. Makes it look so posh * hahaha *

What is a trip to Singapore if it is not complete with the purchase of some Charles & Keith merchandise * heehee *


My Sling Backs - got 30% off some more! They are really comfy! And recently, I saw one suspiciously look like this at our local popular V shop, in diff colours as well. * hmmn... *


And my wedges! I likey so much! So comfy, one I can run and jump with carefree in them! * LOL * Got it at 20% * heehee *


And I was glad to be able to catch SL to spend the evening with me in SG. To my panic, my damned phone line wasnt subscribed to International roaming! * grrr... * I didnt know, as previously when I use prepaid, it was auto-roaming, assumed the same for the fixed line from the SAME telco, but disappointingly NO. So I was offline throughout my stay, luckily managed to get hold of SL using the hotel phone.

We went about the Clarke Quay area, before setting down for dinner at the riverside. Chose an Italian restaurant. As this is a company sponsored trip, well, of course I cant deprive myself from some good food rite? * =P *


Our appetiser - antipasti. Not good actually, waaaay too salty...


My steak with pinenuts and cream sauce. This is REALLY good! Beef was so tender and juicy. The meat rest on top of mashed potatoes...


SL's fish - very good as well...

And for desserts...

Local Gelato - not that great...

My piece of classic Tiramisu - nice presentation! Was rather good, though not among the best I've tasted.


Many Thanks, SL, for accompanying me for my otherwise lonely night in Singapore. I had a great night!

Note : Pardon the dark pictures, it was dark by the riverside and we both did not have any canggih cameras with us that night * =P *

I had another good dinner the next day before flying back to KL, but cos I was eating with one of the team managers, paiseh wanna take pictures... * hehehe * Cos when out with collegues, usually I don't take many or any pictures - dont feel nice... So have to deprived you guys from it! * =P *


No comments: