Monday, September 29, 2008

Melaka Day Trip 2008 - Food

OK - a lil note on our recent day trip to Melaka. I have posted the pics at Multiply - so go ahead to look see there as I will only select few to blog upon.

Yeah, its my car's "virgin" road trip * heehee *. Hopefully there will be more fun ones ahead!

I shall blog on the food part first of course - SP is anticipating that I know * hehehe *

With WL wailing on and on that she was hungry during the drive heading Melaka, we finally reach to eat this Duck Mee.


Its actually "Dry" noodles with shreaded Duck Meat served with some herbal based soup ala BakKutTeh style. We were amazed that each bowl costs rm2.50 jer * hehehe * A small bowl that is la...


Had these fish balls and such along with the Duck Mee - ordinary.

For lunch, how can we miss the famous Melaka chicken rice balls right... Heard later that there are better ones than the shop we went, but its ok, this calls for another trip down to Melaka then! * LOL *


What we ordered....


The rice balls. Personally, I dont really like wet & sticky rice, so this is purely cute to me * =P *

For tea, we went for the Durian Cendol at Tan Chin Hock.



Sorry - but I just couldnt bring myself to at least say its ok. I really cannot "convince" myself to say its ok as I beh-tahan the "durian" taste. It is more like they melt the durian dodol and put in the cendol... * eeek! *



Of course must have Satay Celup when in Melaka. As much as I cringe at the thought of the kind of Food WL gonna dip in the same pot as mine... * =P *

The satay "soup". I am not a peanut person, hence the peanut sauce pot didnt sound appealing to me at all.

However, it was rather good and I find myself eating * heehee * =P *


It was good to see that they actually presented you with trays filled with food-on-sticks and you eat as much as you want, they will charge you for every stick you ate instead of what's on your table.

You can always take more if you can finish these or take some other varieties from the fridges.


In a way, it annoys me a bit oso la, cos they put all to the customers table, when customer never finish all, do they just top up more and serve the same tray to another customer? * cringe * I pushed that thought away then, of course * =P *

I find it cute that they also serve pieces of bite-sized bread for you to dip in the peanut sauce. Clumsy me "lost" a piece of it in the sauce pot * =P * shhhh.... * wink wink *

And as promised that I will post this pic here - WL's tray of disgusting food * =P * All her "spare-parts" on sticks... * cringe * The black thing was actually pig's ears!!! * eeeek! *

No, I can never be as brave as they are - I will definitely puke or faint if you force it upon me. I just.... Cant...

How SP? You oso interested on the "spare-parts" too? * =P *

1 comment:

Enna Ua said...

haha i am only interested in eating the spare parts cleaned and cooked by my mom! i tried pig's ears but tak suka. i like piggie stomach and small intestine! lol.. carnivore betul kan!!