Monday, May 08, 2006

Me student - you no believe?

Quick! Show me which ever bottle of anti-aging cream that miraculously works overnight and i'll buy it no matter how much it costs!

Desperation - you can smell it from one mountain away. Yup - that was what punch me in my old face the other day.

There's this kopitiam near my uni - the ONLY chinese glutton-stalls restaurant around that area where almost all chinese students in my uni flock to for an economical meal. And so there was I, on the hour and half before my exam starts, to have some brekkie.

In those critical few hours before the paper starts, i was multi-tasking again (well, a habit I cant stop :P) - trying to eat, read, memorize and text-messaging. I suppose the Pan-Mein aunty recognized me adi from my frequent trips to her stall and she flashed me a big smile. Prolly cos i ordered from her :P

Pan-mein Aunty : Exam, huh?

Sleepy-me : Ya lor...

Pan-mein Aunty : You study at the uni here?

Sleepy-me : Ya.

Pan-mein Aunty : Oh... So you oso work around here? Then go for exam later la isit?

Sleepy-me : Huh? No la...

Pan-mein Aunty : * Surprised look complete with eyes rolled big * You study part time, then only need to come for exams rite?

No longer Sleepy-me : NO ar... Me full-time student la... *blushing furiously*

Pan-mein Aunty : * Even more surprised, eyes rolled even bigger, now added a big hole in her mouth* ah.... ( and quickly squirried away... )

O.......................M..........................G......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously need to 'kim tou' man! And that day, I wasnt wearing any make-up and i totally was in a casual hooded jacket with a long, bohemian skirt. I do wanted to scream when i saw Pan-mein Aunty's facial expression. Do i seriously look old?

*sigh* Btw, this isnt the first time. A few times, even my uni's security pakciks only allowed me into the uni's premises upon VERIFICATION of my student ID. *double sigh* And dont even start on those salespersons who were never ever suscipious that i might still am a student.

There was even once, when i politely tells a credit-card salesman that i'm not working yet, he just draw a big smile on his face and replied, " Oh, its ok. Maybe your husband can sign-up and now we are having a promo - where supplementary cards issued to their spouse entitles them a free...blah...blah... " F@#$%^%$@#*&^

So you see - I am so totally look old. I might as well just start my application to join the senior citizen's club. Gawd - hand me that bottle of anti-aging cream please - oh, what the hell - hand me the complete range!

No comments: