Monday, May 29, 2006

Sungai Besar Trip- Part UNO

The past weekend, I went to Sungai Besar - one of my Malay buddy's kampung. Many of you might be unaware where it is - well, its situated farther up from Kuala Selangor, in Sabak Bernam. A small town actually. I've been there in 2004, so this is my second trip there. Her parents insisted that I must go see their new house - so there i went. Her parents are friendly and generous folks. And since I dont have a kampung to go back to ( I'm 100% KL-ite! ), I just cant resist the opportunity to experience kampung life - especially from a Malay's perspective.

In this first part of my blog, I shall present the loot I sapu-ed from the Sungai Besar town. Well, it's a small town, typical 'pekan' ler. There's nothing much special on sale - normal everyday stuff. What interest a partial-shopaholic like me [ :P ] was how common things were sold there at a much lower price than our so-called 'bandar'. Once you compare the price difference, you will see how cekik-darah our 'city' merchants are. Of course, kampung ma... The partial-shopaholic me managed to lug these back to modernization... hehe...

There's this so called ' gerai bundle' where they sells [what I suspect la] 2nd hand stuff. Grabbed each if these at only RM1 each. Washed and sterilized it [ :P] to use as Fatty Lucky's toys.

Got these at 50% at the HOT MARKET next to KotaRaya. Went to check it out when I reached KL. Apparently they were having a clearance sale. Got both at rm5. *ngek*ngek* I also bought a top at only RM19 at KotaRaya. Never in my life I though I would buy clothes from *gasp* KotaRaya. That place is so 3rd world - if you get what I mean... I can tell, it is constantly populated with 85% of foreign workers, where the balance of 15% comprises of our locals who are the shopkeepers. That place reek of heavy cigarette smoke and smelly you-know-whom. But, if one is rajin and patient, one can scout for lots of cheap and nice goodies there. And of course, if one is courageous enough to brave the sea of foreign workers :P



Got the chance to visit MYDIN. Sort of like Giant hypermarts, but they mostly sell items in bulk quantities and at cheaper prices too. Again, it is the place crowded with foreign workers and lower-income locals. I bought the bodyscrub at rm12.20 when the G hypermart sells it at at least rm14. And I cant resist - the cheapest razors I've ever came across! rm2.70 for 10 of them! *pengsan from joy* I do suggest that it is the place to shop for groceries for families as they sells at relatively lower prices than our *ahem* dominant marts, though they dont offer much food stuff.


The cheapest wrapping paper I've ever bought! Can you believe it - 4 pieces of them for only rm2? Averaging at rm0.50 each? An avid wrapping paper collector like me just cant resist :P

My fav fur-fur HP accesory at only rm1.50 each! They are selling it at at least rm3-4 here in KL. The rest of the colors were not so nice - so it limited me to buy only one :P

Cant resist these rhinestone earrings - those good quality ones, you know, not the type they just stick the stone on a stick - bought them at only rm3 each pair! Muahahahar! Half of this pile is souvenir for my cheemuis ok!

Another must-buy from me :P These seamless undies were sold rm12 for 3, one at rm5.50. In KL, seamless undies are priced usually at least rm8. Bought some as souvenirs too *wink*

A gift from my friend's parents - kain to make baju kurung. Thanks loads upon their generousity!

Other than these, I also bought a handful of hairclips - damn cheap ok! rm2 each - which I knew some place in KL selling EXACTLY the same clips at rm4-6! Bought me brother a ring - which are also damn cheap compared to KL prices. Especially the pile of ribbons I bought. Each roll of ribbons are sold at only rm0.60 there while in Kl, at least rm1.50! Needless to say, I bought 8 rolls of them for my crafts... heehee...


So there you go... The story of how I am now announcing my bankrupcy...

No comments: