Thursday, August 10, 2006

I salute you

In this 3 weeks of semester break, of course my life centered mostly in front of the television :P To catch up on the programmes I missed ma... *heehee* But to let you all my secret, I sort of cannot watch certain channels as my emotional self will take over and I'll start to cry and Mum thinks me crazy. SERIOUSLY.

Call me a sucker or watever - but I just beh-tahan watching those rescue shows and documentaries which showcased on people or animals' suffering. Ya, I am someone who can cry just from watching Animal Plannet Channel 51.

Lately, what triggered my innerself while watching tv is how brave and selfless some people are in dedicating their time, energy and money just to help others. Like the Katrina Hurricane in the states - how people there not only surrendered their money but help personally to the victims. Even animals are not spared - being a rescue team surrected just to help those pets trapped in the disaster.

These people are willingly to go to ground zero and rendered help. What torched my heart is their compassion, dedication and selflessness to go beyond all to give the best aid in the time when things are worst. They are not afraid to go to disaster areas to help - unlike most of the population who would just watch and rely on others to do the job. having spent most of me teen years doing voluntary work, I do understand the need for not only having manpower to do the job, but to do it with heart and sincere passion to help others.

One can see how they not only offer help, but they do it pasionately and whole heartedly. No merely 'just do the job' but to give all out as if their life depended on it. And all their active participation - not those just doing what they are told to do and cabut as soon as duty hour is over. They willing to do the dirty job as well. Oh yeah, that is a quality worth saluting. Not every volunteer is willing to do low-end jobs -BELIEVE ME.

I totally salutes all these helpers and aiders... May you all be blessed generously...

No comments: