Sunday, August 13, 2006

Is being FAT a CRIME / SIN?

Please, tell me, does one being FAT automatically allows he/she to be discriminated and ill-treated?

I bumped into a schoolmate recently. She leans on the heavy side of the scale too. We were catching up with each other about the years since we left school. Suddenly, she brought up the topic of FAT and asked me ( since I am a fatty too :P) if people had been mean to me because of my weight.

WHAT THE F#$% ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

She told me how she experienced girls / females and occasionally males DOESNT WANT TO BEFRIEND HER just because she is FAT. WTF??? Now, make friends also must see fat / slim/ pretty wan ar? How much more shallow can people get? And its not even in high school anymore, man! You make judgements based on the percentage of body fat?

And she went on with the stories how people often being mean to her because she is overweight and the heartlessly cruel things they say to her of her weight. WTF? WTF? WTF? Ya, some people will joke or 'try' to say things in their 'good intention' to 'motivate' you to lose weight - but do they have to be that crude and insensitive? Since when one motivate others by being MEAN?

Puh-lease la - how would you know that person is a fantastic person or not if you dont even give a chance to get to know them first before dismissing them? Or you just plainly diss them because you already them as unworthy, fat asses?

It is a norm that everyone gets discriminated in one way or another, more so if you are overweight in this "obssessed with slim-ness" society. But does it go to the extend that people outcasts fat people and treat them like a disease?

My main ponder - Do people have to be so mean? They think they are so perfect? So smug? Lets see how you'll look like cancer-stricken fifty years from now. Take that, you morons...

These stories from her made me think and realised - I am God-damned L-U-C-K-Y and BLESSED. I have never came across people who doesnt want to befriend me by my appearance. I received some harsh comments on my weight before, but never as horrible as hers. I have never being outcasted because of how much I weighs.

I am even surrounded by a bunch of excellent cheemuis and heng-tais. I am showered with love from my circle of friends and am treated kindly by others. I am respected and tolerated. I am pampered and spoilt. I have loved and been loved.

It made me realise how much I've actually been blessed and were spared form the erratic world of bashing towards the heavy people. It made me to acknowledge those I know and to appreciate everything they did for me. It reminds me how cruel humans can get. It brings me face-to-face with the mean world.

Thanks for everything people. You are all a kind bunch! May you all be blessed...

No comments: