Monday, July 10, 2006

Men ...

This morning was one hell of a funny morning - as I encounterd several incidents which drew a smile on my face, making my efforts to drag myself out of bed worthwhile.

While having brunch in the local coffee shop near my uni, an Indian family of 4 were eating on a table behind mine. Unable to escape the typical syndrome of these kind of people who seems to enjoy setting their handphone ringtones to the max and broadcasting their conversations to the public, I couldnt help but overheard this, " Ya, ya, sekarang baru sampai traffik light. Sekejap lagi je." WTF? He was only halfway through his wan tan mee and kopi.

So you see, when men tell you that they are on the way, it actually meant that they are on their way FINISHING WHATEVER THEIR DOING B4 STARTING ON THE JOURNEY TO MEET YOU. A lesson revised this morning.

Shortly after that broadcast, I cant help but witness another incident which makes me giggle over my glass of teh-O-ais. A few tables aheas, sat this old chinese couple with their grandson, having breakfast. There's this Indonesian maid working for the coffee shop who are young, slim and rather pretty. This ah-pek was supposedly feeding his grandson had his hand paused midway in the air in front of the little boy. Why paused? Well, my dears, he was checking out the young, slim Indonesian maid - complete with the hamsap, drooled gaze. The poor boy were trying to reach that spoon to be fed while Granpa was busy oogling young maids. His wife - was too busy stuffing her face to notice - or maybe just dont bother to notice :P

Soon after that, another ah-pek - who is the taukeh of the coffee-shop catched my attention. He sat at the table opposite mine - SURROUNDED with few other Indonesian maids who works at the mee stalls. He was enjoying his golden years flirting and basking under the attention of those younger maid. When I say flirting, I MEAN IT. He was leaning closely to them, making jokes, and, oh my!, the occasional TOUCHING the maids ( ahem! not THOSE KIND of touching ar!) And he was wearing a BATIK SHIRT somemore. One of the maids commented he looked handsome this morning and he replied that today is his 63rd birthday hence the baju cantik.

Oh well, I reckon he does have a HAPPY birthday flirting and surrounded by younger women today :P

The 2nd lesson revised this morning - regardless he is 6 or 63, he'll still flirt his way through, younger women will never fail to have their attention. *wink*wink*

No comments: