Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Going Vegetarian At Work

Lunch budget for me now working at the centre of the city costs me at least rm7 - that also if i take only ONE bowl of noodles / ONE plate of chicken rice from the foodcourt WITHOUT a drink. So Foodie me will spend at least rm10-15 a day * =( *

A colleague of mine is going vegetarian this whole month of August. As we always heard about people going to eat vegetarian food at the temple nearby, both of us decided to take the 8 minutes walk (actually is 5 minutes walk for normal people) to try it.

To my pleasant surprise, there's a big canteen at the back of the dainty temple selling a good variety of vegetarian food - from economy mix rice to spaghetti to buns to cakes to fresh coconut drink and fruits.

What fascinates me is that they even have curry mee, wan tan mee - vegetarian! AND THEY TASTED GOOD!!!



Vegetarian Curry Mee

Vegetarian Economy Mix Rice - which this plate cost me only rm4.50! I had something like this before at my previous office which set me back at rm7!!!


What even more mouth gaping for us is the price!!! I had the ecomony rice, 3 pieces of fruits and a donut at only rm8!!!

No wonder so many work peeps go there for lunch!!!

No comments: