Monday, August 24, 2009

Ipoh Road Trip: 21-22 March 2009 FOOD

Okies - as promised, food we stomached during the Ipoh trip. I recently whined to Daniel that there were some food we missed and it seems like the conversation may led us to another trip down to Ipoh. Who wants to join this time? * wink wink *


The pics is not in particular order of our itinerary - lazy meow here just touch on the highlights. Don't merajuk ya, SP... * =P *



Toast at the famous Ipoh White Coffee kopitiam. Mind you, not the modernised franchise but the old school kopitiam!


I know I should take the hot white coffee but I needed a cold drink then! * =P *



Dimsum!!! My favorite breakfast! And I like how this restaurant have mini, specialty dimsums - the size of their dimsum is bite size!

Loh Mai Kai


HK Chee Cheong Fun



Porridge! yum yum! another favorite food of mine


Char siew pau - no, we didnt order that much!!! I just quickly take the pic when the aunty dropped us one - promise! * =P *


Yummy bite-size dimsum


I likey the fish balls! Very yummy!



Yumcha at night at uber cool Josephine's


Choc cake

Tiramisu

My hazelnut latte




We can NOT MISS the famous Ipoh Steamed Chicken! Daniel intro to us another really local store, not the over rated, over advertised tourist Ipoh Chicken place and this is seriously damn good! I fell in love with it!



Chicken was smooth, the sauce was just right

Originally, it is eaten with Hor Fun instead of rice - equally good noodles!

And the fantastic bean sprouts / taugeh. It was so good, we had 2 plates and even converted Pammie the taugeh avoider to ate lots of this! * LOL * ROTF *
Hell yeah, it was that good!


And definitely the dessert that swept me off my chubby paws is this...

The super, mega delicious taufoofar... I get excited just remembering how soft and smooth the sweet curd trickled down my throat... OMG - fantastic - you can not miss this if you are in Ipoh!




Assam laksa

The famous "char liew"


Dragon fruit juice which is more like ice blended

Chee Cheong Funn


Popiah - fresh and deep fried


Sotong Kangkung in a very unique peanut sauce - unlike the usual in KL...


The very yummy salted chicken!!!


I really enjoyed myself in Ipoh and must hereby express my sincere thanks for Daniel for his time and fantastic hospitality.

Not only you willing to spend the weekend with us, you have been patient, thoughful in planning our itinerary and shared many stories with us.

Thanks, Daniel. Very very much appreciate this.


1 comment:

WL said...

sigh....drools......