Monday, January 08, 2007

Chocolate Indulgence

One of the activities that I managed to make W@i squeezed in for us was to go for the chocolate buffet - yup, you didnt hear me wrong - CHOCOLATE BUFFET at the KL Hilton * :P * heehee * The glutton clan again proved ourselves to be, well, die-hard gluttons * muahahaha * howling *


Got tipped by C about this affair, we had been anticipating for this outing for months. Finally, we made it! The setback was that SP couldnt make it that night * :( *


Priced at rm50++ per stomach, * actually, it might be cheaper but because we went during their Christmas & New Year Promotion, we were charged a higher price * it is THE event for chocoholics!

The lounge was an ideal place for chatters like us to just sit back, relax, pig-out and chat till our throats hurt * :P * The ambience was good and it was rather quiet for a friday night that time we went. Entertainment wise is not bad as they have a lounge band where there are numerous rendition of songs that comes at regular intervals, and whose singer will walk off the stage and come singing at your table.

The good thing is that they assigned a chef at the buffet area to 'assist' you, which at times I find intimidating as he will come over to you while you are busy piling your plate to * ahem * 'assist' you or merely introducing their chocolate dishes. Dont get me wrong, he was really polite and friendly, it was just that I , * erm... * Blush * preferred not to be disturbed when I am greedily piling my plate * :P * Dowan let ppl see my glutton-face upclose * :P *

The disappointment was that there wasnt a big array of chocolates as I envisioned. One truly can try all the chocs without having to max out your tummy. But then again, its chocolates - how much can one eat without feeling jelak, rite? Very well presented, they labelled each platter of chocs. They have an impressive choc fountain, but badly skewered fruit sticks to dip in it - one of my strawberries actually FELL INTO the fountain * pengsan *




Waffles with vanilla and choc ice-creams! The waffle wasnt that good but the choc ice-cream was fantastic as it contains chunks of chocolates in it. A must for ice-cream lovers like me n C!

Christmas cookies as well as some pralines


Choc mousse... Most of the chocie names I cant remember liao ... * heehee * These mousse wasnt as good as it looked...

The choc cake was very good. Lurve them!



My 1st plate of choccies! * heehee * I liked their marshmallows dipped in white & milk choc.

We forgot to take the pic of the fruits we dipped at the choc fountain - not that they looked good anyway - they were a messy mass of choc * :P * And I likes their choc milkshake too! Though W@i didnt like them. They offer hot chocolate drinks as well, where you can choose from 5 different kind of chocs, but it wasnt good as it was a wee too watery. Hey, hot choc are supposed to be hot & thick!

Really a must-try experience for all! Though we ate till the point of nausea, it was fun! One will rediscover that ' child in the candy store ' feeling all over again when standing there surrounded by all the choccie and at one where you can eat all to your heart's ( and also tummy's capacity la) delight!

Though a lil pricey, but I like it! Truly an experience I will never forget! On top of all the carbs and sugar rush, it was a good place to hang out and chat. I had a fabulous night out with the gals! Lurve ya all!

Rate : Food 7 /10, Price 5 /10, Ambience 7.5/ 10, Service 6.5/ 10

No comments: