Friday, January 12, 2007

Hongkie Food @ Times Square - Part 2

Damn Blogspot! So difficult to upload pics! Its either they dont get it uploaded or the page refreshes by it self and lose all my work before publishing it! * ~!#$%^& * At this rate, I will never able to finish my updates! * grrr... *


Ok, where were me? Oh, on the bargain hunting trip down to Sg Wang with W@i , we stopped by this restaurant in Times Square which serves Hongkie food ala KimGary and CharChanTeng style. I have been to this place a few times but everytime didnt manage to take pics but this time I finally did! * heehee * Situated right nect to the ticketing counter of GSC, I usually go there to grab a bite before the movies start.

This place is usually crowded, at all hours! Gosh, ppl dont seem like they need to work... The settings are okay, but they do have cool chairs as seats. I like that they have an extensive menu which levied hard on the dessert and drinks part. They offer cutesy n unique drinks.

Our ' kena-tipu' snack - deep-fried mantau with crabmeat sauce, which is actually sweet, tomato sauce with NO TRACES OF CRAB MEAT AT ALL.

I really like their cheese baked rice. Compared to the rest I've tried, theirs are much cheesier! And more sauce too...


Their recommended dessert which i dont recommend at all. Some kind of fruit flavored goo where you can choose either a single or combination of 2 kinds of fruit. Looks nice but tasted off mark ... I dont like it la, maybe some ppl would.



Their peanut cream is oh-so-creamy * :P * Definitely 'kaaw' and is a treat for peanut lovers. The thick texture will just drown you in peanut heaven. Me, a no-nuts-person, thinks that this bowl of peanut cream is a rather good one. W@i likes it ...

After a tiring trip of shopping, this place provides the food to fuel you back up! A good place to makan when you are in Times Square, especially when there isnt many place one can dine in there. Price wise , they are rather competitive with the rest of such restaurants. Customer service is the average Joes and Janes... On an earlier trip, I tried one of their recommended snacks - which are the deep fried seafood pockets - it was quite good too.

As for the shopping trip - not exactly a successful one. Mostly cos not enough time lor... But am glad that W@i likes the Korean food place in SgWang too. Bought quite a lot of accessories and saw a few pairs of shoes I really like ... What most pleasurable was W@i's company of course! * wink *

Rate : Food 5.5 /10, Price 5.5/ 10, Ambience 6/ 10, Service 6/ 10


No comments: