Monday, July 16, 2007

Flower Galore!

This is one experience and entry which I dedicate to my fellow cheemuis, especially for flower lovers like me! * wink * In Hanoi, they sell fresh flowers basically EVERYWHERE!!! from peddlers to street stalls to florist shops! O-M-G! A flower heaven for me!!! * LOL *

Apparently, Viets likes flowers, and they decorate their homes with fresh flowers. To them, giving flowers to friends is as normal as us buying friends teh tarik - seriously! Flowers are darn cheap ok! The guy who went with us bought a bouquet of 999 roses to bring home to his GF at only less than SGD 20! or was it SGD 30? * :P * 999 leh! * pengsan * So cheap! I think a bouquet of a dozen roses in Msia is already like wat - rm50 and above? We also bought one bouquet as a gift for the host's aunt at only SGD3! Pengsan anot I tell you? * sigh... *

I tell you, they have STREETS of them selling flowers! * pengsan * I want! I want! * LOL *
One of the streets which I saw piled with flowers!!!

At one of the street, in front of a stall. Yep, all this only is part of ONE stall! They like to pack all into bouquets and put out to exhibit, so customers just choose and leave with it. Though it might be cheap in price, but not in quality. Most of them are much much more beautifully packed than those in Msia, with them using nice papers and materials. The flowers are all so fresh and beautiful, and so many kinds of flowers to choose from! * pengsan again * And the strong,sweet aroma of flowers just wrapped around you until you barely remember that you are actually standing at the side of one hell of a busy street.

Here are some shots at the flowers I excitedly took * :P * Not all sellers allow you to snap photos of their work, these are all I could manage!

I have never seen orchids bouquets in Msia... Cute!

They even sell flower stands...

This is my personal favorite! I love it so much, it broke my heart to know that I have too much luggage to bring home and not enough hand to carry it home.. My convo is coming, any kind and thoughtful person will get it for me? * :P *

So pretty!!!!!

Yellow roses! I like the wrappings! Dedicate to my cheery W@i darling!

My favorite flower - the sunflower! And this is one big-ass sunflower, I think it is as big as my face! See how they manage to make even ONE bloom looks nice? * sigh *

Tiger Lilies! Very nice cos the bloom is actually very big, and very fresh! Smells heavenly too! Dedicate for SP - cos she mentioned her mum like these, so she can share with her family *LOL *


Pinkie roses! For the demure WL... * :P )

I like how these roses are fully bloomed and opened so nicely...

Gerberas! Do you know that gerberas are known as the money flower to Viets? Aparently, they bring money luck! Hooray!

White roses! Like like like 'em!

One big ass rose! It is actually petals of roses arranged to look like one big rose... cute concept hor? To symbolise - " You are my only ONE" * heehee *

Heart shaped bouquet! Isnt it sweet? And the florist thoughtfully put 2 single roses in the middle of the heart... * swoon * I shall dedicate this one for CIndy - I think it suits her... * wink *

The 999 bouquet of roses the guy bought! Spectacular, ain't it?

Cantik!!!



This is the lady who sold us the 999 roses. She personally requested me to take a pic of her with her flowers! Such a cutie!

I love flowers!

No comments: