Thursday, July 05, 2007

Interesting food I ate in Spore

Food entry! * heehee * Shall start with Spore 1st cos less interesting food I ate there * :P * Aiyah, their hawker food - please dont even make me go there! Malaysian food much better!!!

Frankfurthers! German sausages! I saw this stall feature in Anthony Bourdain's travel show and when I saw it in real at Chinatown, I shrieked in delight - puzzling SL - like I always do * :P * I found it! Must try! I must say that they do have a very different and special types of saudages offered there and with this, I must try rite? It wasnt as good as I anticipated, but are good though... A place for sausage lovers! * heehee *

Me standing in front of the stall! * heehee * Quite hard to wait for the stall to be "empty" enough to take pics as it always seem to have one or another customer...

Singaporean Char kuey teow in Chinatown - " urghh! eewww!!! " is my comment. Its wet and sloppy, no " wok hei" and is SWEET!!! OMG!!! And this stall had many people lining up for it leh! I prefer our Penang Char Kuey Teow anytime! Yes, this char kuey teow is definitely unforgetable - I will no doubt never in my life have it again!

Seafood meehoon in Satay Sauce - despite the no so exciting presentation, it tasted rather good actually, much better than the char kuey teow! Something different, definitely a must try if you have not.


Went to visit Clarke Quay and sat down for some R&R time, especially after that disgusting meal of char kuey teow... As I was terribly underdressed and there were only the 2 of us, I didnt see the point of lepak-ing at a bar there hence went for coffee instead, especially when it was a hot nite. Had this piece of oreq cheese cake - presentation is very nice and taste wise - well - oreo & cheese lor... * :P *

My class of Iced Chocolate - yummy! Surprisingly, 2 glasses of ice blended + one piece of cake + all the taxes goes to slightly shy of SGD 20... Of course, if you dont convert, its surprisingly cheap! I dont tink you can get such price in Malaysia, unless you go to those mamak or something. Service was alrite and ambience definitely was good, with us sitting by the riverside too.

Carls Jr! Why dont they open a franchise in Msia? Loves their burgers - at least their's dont taste like plastic... A very refreshing menu for a fast food place... But I was a lil disappointed with the chili fries as there werent enough cheese and lack of the meat sauce too.

My burger! Yum-Yum! It was big too! Forgotten the name - but its a heart-attack-inducing food - thick slice of cheese, thich slice of beef patti and bacon as well! * LOL * Never gotten so much satiation from a burger... * heehee *

Other food I had there wasnt that interesting la... Quite like Malaysia actually... And didnt get to try much of the expensive stuff - maybe next trip! * wink *

No comments: