Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kari Kepala Ikan

A colleague deliberately drove us to this Kari Kepala Ikan place somewhere in Taman Wahyu - which apparently is a famous place for this dish. To those of you who have no idea where Taman Wahyu is (like me before), its located somewhere in along Jalan Kuching on the way towards Kepong. Yup, all the way there for lunch...


Apparently this shop is owned by Chinese but run by Indians. You can see some Chinese food as well as the Kari Kepala Ikan and Indian dishes here. Seriously, they offer " lok yau choy" (vege in oyster sauce - Chinese Style) there to go with you fish head! A crowded place, with many dishes to offer.


This is the famous Kari Kepala Ikan. To me, I think it is okay, as I preferred the one I tried in Port Dickson.


A thick broth of curry, with generous servings of TaufooPok and vege... You can choose a "medium head" or "large head" to indicate the size of servings of the fish head you want.


Another popular dish there - the kari ketam. My colleagues love it, but I dont fancy ketam bunga wan, so no comment * =) * But the gravy was good though


The beef curry - this is seriously yummy! Fragrant, rich taste of spices.


Fried chicken. And here, people usually accompany the fish head with Coconut drink! I likey!


This is another popular dish there - which I did not touch at all. WL's fav - telur ikan... Everyone said it was good wor...

I would say that its an alrite place for fish head as I dont usually eat it, but I have tasted better, but dont worry, this is good as well though I prefer the other dishes rather than the fish head.

Sorry for not being able to rate this, as its a treat from one of the managers, hence did not and still does not know the price * =P * Service, Ambience and Cleanliness - well, just imagine a mamak's * wink wink * And I appreciate the big plate of fresh fruits after the meal for every table.

An indeed drowsy 2nd half of the work day after a full tummy of curry! * heehee *



No comments: