Thursday, June 26, 2008

Miri - Lurve this Bakery



I simply lurve the creativity at this place.

It looks like just another old-school bakery * well, like everything else in Miri now * and having nothing to do, bored me actually strolled into each shop to have a look. Indeed this is a very good find.

What fascinates me about this bakery is the creativity the baker(s) possess. They have some stuff which I think even metropolitan KL do not have (or at least, I tak pernah nampak la).

I salute you this Baker(s)!

You got to look at the pics to feel my excitement… I risked my life snapping pics in the bakery ok - only God knows what they'll do to me in Miri if they suspect I am trying to document their products to copy.



Teddy cakes & Lovey Dovey cakes - quite common rite? Wait....



Tadaaa! Bread Sushi!!! I almost cant believe it myself! The white layers are bread, and they have like chicken floss and alll rolled in. Looks seriously like sushi! Lurve this idea!


Another favorite of mine - LOLLIPOP BREAD!!! * pengsan * So cute and nice looking rite!!! So creative!!! I likey!!!

The prices are similar to KL though...




Move over Jco / Big Apples - they have their own "version" there...


They also offer elaborate decorated cakes... Some quite nice, but mainly I am fascinated by the kind of details they laboured on the cake. Though some designs might not be very nice, but the details absolutely wows.


Check them out yourself at the details... Fantastic!


And I absolutely dig their marketing tool!!! You know how annoying it can get during those peak times when you have to fight with other customers to have a look at the cake designs selection album? Here, 10 people can look at their products T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R as they paste the pics on a standing board! Though can make the board looks nicer / posh, but the concept is really good. None in KL has this so far...

Despite not much difference in the prices with KL's, however, for the same price, you get much much much bigger portion of bread you paid for.


Oh well, I was bloated for consutively 8 days there, I bought these to snack on the plane... like the bite sized cheese+sausage buns on a stick - and the almond choc cookie - my dada ate it once I reach home... * heehee *

They certainly have many more to offer, but I took pics of those which I find truly unique and never seen before in KL (or maybe just me the katak bawah tempurung). They have many more "unique" products where might not be impressive in appearance but are very interesting in the combination of flavors and ingredients.

Definitely a memorable snapshot of Miri for me...





No comments: