Sunday, June 22, 2008

Miri - The 1st n Last Day

The long dued summary for my Miri work trip. I shall break it into few posts to highlight some of the stuff I would like to share as there are just too many pictures and too much info - I guess, will bore all to death with me already very "flavour-less" style, hence will pick some to share for SP's sake * =) *

PQ the city gal managed to set her chunky feet to the Land of Miri on a lazy Sunday afternoon. The Miri Airport looks like KLIA at one angle;

Looks familiar rite? Dont be fooled - its nothing like KLIA...


It comprises of only 2 stories - so this picture tells you pretty much of all of the airport * heehee * As I am not a frequent traveller, to step onto this airport sets me dis-oriented as its a really small airport. New - but small.


On the day flying out of Miri back to my territory, I got to the airport earlier to get a good look at it. They do have a few cafeterias, especially on the 1st floor. As my flight is 330pm, decided to catch lunch. Saw this Mr Bean cafe, though could get a decent meal but I am fooled...

Its actually a B-A-R! Yes, in the AIRPORT.


Really a red district place, with the RED lights in the cafe.


Its empty as its noon, but hey, I guess one could catch a glass or two before onboarding? * =P *



My "red" meal - the place is only lighted with red lights - well, I can say I see Red at everything there. A very tak sedap meal, but dont have much choices there...

At least I get to see a small town airport and catch a mug of beer while waiting for my flight in a RED bar shrouded with smoke with 2 huge man encased in tattoos playing pool at one corner of the bar - please dont ask if they were waiting to get onboard or just hanging out... I just wanna get my ass back to KL... * =P *

1 comment:

Enna Ua said...

LOL... The bar memang tak boleh la.. even the appearance oso tak pandai tipu u.. hehe