Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My Golden Piggy!

Hitting my 24th birthday means a deal to me. Hey, this marks another milestone in my life - being TWO DOZEN years old! * LOL * Yeah, I admit that I am old, but who but no one ages no matter how they try to conceal? Might as well embrace it with a fun-loving heart! * wink *

I got a head start to this year's bash by receiving a PINK package from my Da-Da ;

Pink Bag with Pink Ribbon?

Voila! A Golden Piggie Pendant! Yay!

That's not all, tug at the top, and out comes a golden coin! It is a piggie bank as well! * LOL * Cute!

Am so happy to receive this as I have always wanted a golden piggy pendant. I was very touched to receive this heartwarming gift. Maybe my da-da indirectly hinting that I should save more money! * :P *

To many people, this might not be an expensive gift nor it being any more special to them. To me, it hides a whole new truth.

My Da-da is the typical, traditional Chinese father, who doesnt cuddles nor kisses his children. He barely kid around with us, what more to joke or two with us children. The kind who loves you implicitly, shying away from emotion in front of his family. A true Chinese family man.

Hence, his every action means a lot to me, as it is always casual, but actually carries a whole load of meanings and love that people easily cant read them. Why this lil gift touches my heart deeply is not that harga emas mahal sekarang, but the thought and effort that goes with it.

I mentioned ONCE, back a few years ago, that I would like to have a golden piggie pendant ( to my disappointment that i received a star for my 21st birthday instead), he kept that comment by heart. Apparently, he went around seeking for one he thinks is best to present for me, without fail each time he come across a goldsmith. And his critical eye will not rest until he found one he thinks is good enough.

You see, its the effort I cherish deeply. My one comment, one brief comment, he actually takes it to heart to realise it, despite it is just a silly, not important one.

Many people dont understand, why something small like this triggers so many emotions in me - they thinks that getting what they want is what makes them very "haang fook" having a "fun" and "sporting" dad is the coolest.

To me, it is much more than that. It is the message that comes with his every action, that are so deeply heartfelt and painstakingly well thought to love you, is what rocks my boat.

A good start for my 24th birthday. Hope that my da-da knows that I lurve him muchie as well!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe...i noe u memang suka lelaki macam ur dada-type